In order to get the right lacrosse shoulder pads, you must first do some research and determine which ones are most appropriate for you. You want the best possible protection that will keep you safe during games while still allowing you to move freely around the field.
Players in defensive and midfield positions need various kinds of pads, so you should think about what position you play before purchasing your shoulder pads. For example, goalies need a different style of lacrosse shoulder pad than other players.
They have a greater need for chest protection than the average player. We have put together the best ones currently available on the market. All of these pads are well made, trusted by players and most of them are affordable so everyone can buy without worrying about their budget.
- 1. Maverik Lacrosse Charger Shoulder Pad
- 2. Warrior Burn Hitman Chest Pad
- 3. STX Cell 4 Lacrosse Shoulder Pad
- 4. Epoch iD Lacrosse Shoulder Protector
- 5. TRUE Cadet Youth Lacrosse Chest Pads
- 6. Warrior Adrenaline X2 Hitman Shoulder Pad
- 7. Brine Lacrosse Clutch Elite Lacrosse Shoulder Guard
- 8. STX Lacrosse Surgeon 400 Shoulder Pad
- 9. True Frequency 2.0 Hybrid Shoulder Pad
- 10. Maverik Rome RX Lacrosse Shoulder Pad
- Types Of Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
- Common Feature Of Choosing Best Lacrosse Shoulder Guards
- Lacrosse Shoulder Pad Sizing Chart
- Final Words
1. Maverik Lacrosse Charger Shoulder Pad
On top of the list, we have a Maverik Charger shoulder pad that’s is an excellent option for any professional or recreational lacrosse player. In addition to comfort, it provides a good blend of protection and movement. The EKG and external cardiac guards give further safety, while padding around the neck, biceps, and shoulders provides more comfort for the wearer. Its cushioned sternum and neck region help to prevent the clavicle and sternum from being injured. Unlike many shoulder pads, it features an adjustable hook and loop chest closure mechanism.
2. Warrior Burn Hitman Chest Pad
This lacrosse shoulder pad is intended for athletes who are relatively light in weight. Customization is made possible by the “Bone System” support and 16.7 % reduced profile, which are both unique. These pads provide the best degree of protection and flexibility available for the shoulder and clavicle. The use of a high-quality protective pad will improve your overall on-field performance. This is a fantastic option for players who want a low-profile design with improved comfort and a low profile.
3. STX Cell 4 Lacrosse Shoulder Pad
A high-quality and flexible pad that offers outstanding protection. It’s made of abrasion-resistant material. Boasting a 7-point stretch zone system as well as Velcro rib strap modifications for a secure and comfortable fit. The chest protection provided by this lacrosse shoulder pad fulfills the latest NOCSAE standard. It is designed for small to medium-sized players. If you play lacrosse and need a shoulder pad, the Cell 4 is a good value for the money.
4. Epoch iD Lacrosse Shoulder Protector
The developing players were in mind while designing these lacrosse shoulder guards. They provide safe and sound protection thanks to the use of cutting-edge technology and features. The slim-fit strapping system and detachable bicep cushions guarantee that the shoulder pad is always the perfect fit. The chest plate and neck liner have been upgraded to provide additional support and protection. This protective lacrosse gear is an excellent choice for those that participate in lacrosse on a regular basis.
5. TRUE Cadet Youth Lacrosse Chest Pads
These lacrosse pads are a fantastic alternative for the young players who wants the most protection while still having the most movement possible on the ground. They are crafted using high-quality materials and are both comfortable and adaptable, allowing for the best possible fit and greatest range of motion. Furthermore, because of their one-size-fits-all nature, they may be worn over a conventional t-shirt as well.
6. Warrior Adrenaline X2 Hitman Shoulder Pad
With the Warrior Adrenaline X2, commonly known as the “Hitman” pad, advanced mid and defensive players have a solid alternative for their pads. Its low-profile shoulder cap allows you to have a wide range of motion. The majority of men remove the upper arm pad piece, which allows for a more lightweight construction while also deflecting hits away from the shoulders. It’s popular among college and advanced players.
7. Brine Lacrosse Clutch Elite Lacrosse Shoulder Guard
The new Clutch Elite shoulders pad liner from Brine lacrosse is intended to be the most comfortable release available this season, according to the company. A unique Grid-flex technology is used in conjunction with bigger connectors around the rib cage to provide a perfect fit. The lining is made of long-lasting, non-restrictive foam, and it has an adjustable back cushion as well as an adjustable shoulder pad. When it comes to protecting the top area of their body, this lacrosse shoulder pad is an affordable option for those worried about the cost.
8. STX Lacrosse Surgeon 400 Shoulder Pad
The STX Surgeon 400 is another wise option for intermediate to expert players who want to step up their game. It’s lightweight, adaptable, and simple to alter, thanks to its anatomic fit and floating spine and chest plates. Designed with an overlapping strap system that provides a better fit and protection than other similar shoulder protective pads. In addition to having a curved shoulder cap, the Surgeon is fabricated of a synthetic leather material that is both robust and water-resistant in nature.
9. True Frequency 2.0 Hybrid Shoulder Pad
Designed to provide optimal protection, the True Frequency 2.0 is constructed of a unique foam composition that wicks away sweat easily. With an anatomical form and a flexible Velcro strap system, you may tailor the fit of the pad to your specific body type and comfort. The shoulder pad is a wonderful piece of equipment for any situation due to its breathable mesh inside and an adjustable fit.
10. Maverik Rome RX Lacrosse Shoulder Pad
The Rome RX shield guard by Maverik is equipped with an adjustable strap to provide a snug fit. It’s comprised of a lightweight, breathable, and durable material that stretches to allow for optimal movement and comfort. This lacrosse shoulder pad comes in a combination of nice colors to match your personal style. It’s also available in a variety of sizes to accommodate various body types and sizes.
Types Of Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
There are different kinds of shoulder pads available, each designed for a certain level of play and position. Some brands are more comfortable than others, and there are brands that provide a mix of protection, agility, and comfort. There are lacrosse shoulder pads available to fit every player’s preference and financial situation. The following are the two common examples among all that we have discussed to assist you in determining which is the perfect fit for you and your game needs.
Attack: The MX shoulder pads from Maverik are intended for players that want to attack the ball. They give a high level of protection without being too burdensome. These pads are equipped with Durastretch panels, which enable them to flex and adjust to the motions of the players. Aside from that, the MX shoulder protectors come with detachable bicep straps.
Defense: The shoulder pads that cover the full chest are the most appropriate for defensive players who change positions frequently. They should be at least two inches longer than the shoulder to provide enough protection for the shoulder area.
Common Feature Of Choosing Best Lacrosse Shoulder Guards
- A good should pad has an additional layer of protection around the collarbones and the chest that’s provided by a shoulder pad liner, without the weight of complete shoulder pads.
- The Shoulder pads with Quickdry technology wick away moisture and prevent you from feeling sweaty after a workout. This allows you to play with cool confidence.
- An air bladder system in a lacrosse shoulder pad is a bag of air that’s Velcroed within the pads to keep them from moving about. The fact that it’s lighter and has a more anatomical fit makes it an excellent option for attacking players.
- Shoulder pads should be built to provide the most amount of mobility, range of motion, and adjustability possible while protecting the chest of players.
- They should be made of durable materials and backed by extra padding of high-density foams.
- A chest pad that has a Comfort-fit arch design is a vital choice for easy adjustment and to fit it rightly to your body.
- Different strapping systems offer a variety of advantages and disadvantages to consider. They are the most trustworthy and cheap, while those with plastic buckles are less likely to harm the jersey and retain their strength over time.
Lacrosse Shoulder Pad Sizing Chart
Neither extra loose nor extra tight shoulder pad will fit on your body so it’s very important to have a perfectly sized lacrosse chest guard for a snug fit and ultimate protection. Have a look at the following size chart for your reference;
There you have our review on the top lacrosse chest protectors. We hope you find the ideal deal after reading this buying guide. Again, we will recommend you to purchase relatively cheap shoulder pads if you are new to the sport of lacrosse. Whereas professional players should always try to go with a fully-loaded shoulder pad to get the best out of it in terms of protection, durability, and longevity. Still, have any questions or suggestions related to this topic? Write us down in the comment section, we will get back to you with the best possible solutions ASAP.
Other Useful Links